Try Golden Milk For Sleep
This popular night time drink has been extremely popular on social media & with Hollywood celebrities in the past year so if you haven’t heard of Golden Milk, we thought we’d share the recipe.
It’s sometimes called Turmeric Milk and it originated in India. What’s the big deal with this easy to make drink? It contains Turmeric which is based around health claims that it’s anti-inflammatory & is loaded with antioxidants. Plus Golden Milk, taken an hour before bedtime supposedly reduces anxiety, calms you and helps with sleep.
Of course there’s no scientific proof behind any of the claims, but for some, they just enjoy the creamy drink at night.
Here’s the simple recipe – and chances are – you already have the ingredients in your pantry.
- 2 cups milk of your choice (whole, coconut, almond, etc.)
- 1 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 piece of fresh grated ginger
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- Warm the milk, turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, and honey or maple syrup in a small saucepan until it’s hot.
- Whisk well to dissolve spices and divide into two cups.