New Zealand Comfort Group Limited ("The Comfort Group").
YOUR INFORMATION - HOW WE COLLECT AND HOLD IT
- Your personal information is usually collected directly from you in a variety of ways such as when you are:
The kind of personal information we collect and hold includes names, contact details, products purchased, product preferences (e.g. mattress size and firmness), website usage, customer complaints, marketing information, general inquiries and other feedback. We may also potentially receive personal information about your sleeping preferences and whether you suffer from any sleeping disorders or discomfort in relation to our bedding products. You may choose not to provide us with your personal information. If so, then we may not be able to provide information on our products, or goods or services to you.
- Filling out our feedback form.
- Registering your product warranty or making a warranty claim.
- Using any of our product selector tools.
- Submitting an after purchase enquiry.
- Completing the post product selector survey.
- Completing the post purchase survey.
- Entering competitions and promotions.
- Emailing or calling our customer service center.
- We hold your personal information at our head office which is located at 41-71 Great South Road, Otahuhu, Auckland, New Zealand. Personal information can also be held at our other offices in New Zealand or Australia, or at storage facilities in New Zealand or overseas. The information is usually stored electronically on servers owned by us or third party data storage providers engaged by us. No data transmissions over the internet can be guaranteed as completely secure therefore we cannot warrant or guarantee the security of information transmitted from or to you, however once we receive your personal information we will use reasonable efforts to protect the security of your personal information.
USING AND DISCLOSING INFORMATION
- We are always aiming to improve our services to our customers and your personal information will be used to provide you with the best possible products and services. The personal information that you supply to us enables us to personalise and improve your experience and relationship with us, so that we can provide you with details of our products and promotions that we feel would be of interest to you. It also enables us to develop better products, attend to your after purchase enquiries and better market our products.
- The Comfort Group websites may also contain links from or to other sites where information practices may be different. For example, if you "click" on a banner advertisement or another company’s logo on our websites, the "click" may take you off our site. This includes links to and from other companies such as advertisers, sponsors, and partners that we may have joined with to offer or provide you with any products, services, competitions or promotions. We and the other company may share your personal information and may use it to identify future promotional opportunities or to fulfil promotional or contractual obligations. For example, when you arrive at our websites as a link from one of our partnering company’s website, we may share your personal information provided to us as a result of using that link with that other company. You should consult the other party’s website privacy notice as The Comfort Group is not responsible for and does not control the information once submitted to or collected by such third parties.
- We may disclose personal information to:
- Our related companies and affiliates.
- Third party contractors and providers of goods and services, such as courier and delivery companies, marketing and promotion companies, training and training certification agencies and business support services like storage and handling of documents and data, and information technology service providers.
- Market research companies who undertake customer surveys for us.
- Insurance companies.
- Professional service firms providing services to us, such as legal, insurance or accountancy services.
- As required by law, such as to regulatory agencies.
- Any other recipient notified to you at the time of collection or that you authorise.
- We may also share information about visitors in aggregate with third parties including advertisers, business partners and sponsors to understand visitor trends and patterns and to manage and improve our service. Such information will be anonymous so that visitor's privacy is protected.
- We may also provide your information to others, if required or permitted by law, in accordance with the Privacy Act and the Privacy Principles.
- Cookies are small text files that are placed in your browser by the websites you visit. They are widely used to help users navigate websites efficiently, to perform certain functions on the sites and/or to provide site owners with information about how their sites are used.
- We also use tracking cookies for web analytics tools and to analyze non-identifiable web traffic data to improve our services. It allows us to collect, hold and use statistical information about visits to help us improve our site and marketing. Statistical information may include:
- Your IP address.
- The search terms you used.
- The pages accessed on our site and the links you clicked on.
- The date and time you visited the site.
- The referring site (if any) through which you clicked through to this site.
- Your operating system (eg Windows XP, Mac OS X).
- The type of web browser you use (eg Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox).
- This type of data collected is aggregated and is not personally identifiable. Our web analytics may not apply “do not track” settings and you may wish to adjust your browser settings manually (see your specific browser instructions for further information). We may also use third party providers to provide us with these web analytics services.
LINKS TO SOCIAL NETWORKING SERVICES
- We use third party sites such as The New Zeland Herald, Trade Me and social networking services such as Twitter, Facebook and YouTube to to help communicate our messages and give you the best experience. We may track your use of our pages and promotions on their sites.
- When you communicate with us using a third party site, that site may also collect your personal information for its own purposes. The third party sites have their own privacy policies which are independent of ours.
- The third party site may also track your use of our page or our link on their site and also any link they may display on our site. If you are logged in to those services (including any Google, YouTube or Facebook service) while using our site, their tracking will be associated with your profile with them.
PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE
access TO and correction of your personal information
- You have the right to request access to your personal information and to request its correction. If you wish to do either of these, please contact our Privacy Officer on 0800 753 377. Alternatively email us at email@example.com or write to us by post to Private Bag 93315, Otahuhu, Auckland 1640 New Zealand.